Being on the Board
If you want more information about UCMSA Universalis in general, we recommend looking at our Home page or About page. The Universalis Board is composed of the Social Board, Academic Board, and Executive Board.
You will spend approximately 10-15 hours a week on Universalis, depending on ambition and position. If Corona allows it, you will be attending events and meetings quite often, sometimes travelling across the country to other colleges. Being on the Universalis Board means representing your student body, bridging communication between staff and student, and fostering a community worth studying with.
Do you have any questions or maybe want to discuss the positions over a coffee? Hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org or shoot us a message on Facebook or Instagram!
Check out the open positions below!
How to Apply
To declare your candidacy for a position, you will need to submit your CV and a motivation statement, both around one page (each). Send both documents to us (at email@example.com) before Wednesday, January 5th 2022, at 23:59. Non-Chair Candidates will be interviewed in the following week(s).
Candidates for the Social Chair position (deadline passed) will prepare for an Election Debate (and Q&A) in the first week of January (on January 5th) and all positions will be elected at our General Assembly sometime in the third week of January (January 19th). During this General Assembly, our members will decide and vote on the new positions.
Chair Applications sent in by November 28th, 2021, at 23:59
Non-Chair Applications sent in by January 5th, 2022, at 23:59
Social Chair Candidate Debate on January 5th, 2022 (at 18:30, https://maastrichtuniversity.zoom.us/j/98437616121)
Election General Assembly on January 19th, 2022 (time and location to be announced SOON)
Be our Social Internal
Contact Beatrix Bridge or Stephen McCarthy for questions or send an email to
The Social Internal Executive is responsible for internal communication between the Social
Board and members. The tasks of the Social Internal Executive are:
1. Directly overseeing 1/3 of all committees within the Association and managing relations
between the Social Board and committee boards;
2. Advertising events of the Social Board virtually and on-site at UCM;
3. Coordinating the organization for the semesterly introduction days for first year students;
4. Managing the social media presence of the Social board;
5. Ensuring all committees can be found by new students by organizing the committee fair;
6. Making, printing, and distributing posters for all committee events. the weekly Social Board meetings;
Be our Social External
The Social External Executive is responsible for keeping a good rapport between the Social Board and the study associations of other university colleges. The tasks of the Social External Executive are:
1. Directly overseeing 1/3 of all committees within the Association and managing relations between the Social Board and committee boards;
2. Representing the interests of members of the Association to the University College Representative of the Netherlands (UCSRN) by attending bi-weekly meetings of the UCSRN Social Committee;
3. Representing the interests of members of the Association to other Liberal Arts & Sciences colleges in the Netherlands;
4. Ensuring inter-faculty cooperation and communication in Maastricht on behalf of the Social Board by maintaining good relations with other study associations and relevant parties.
Contact Luisa Baumann or Stephen McCarthy for questions or send an email to
Be our Executive Board Treasurer
Contact Elena Catalina Lungu for questions, or send an email to
The Treasurer is responsible for all financial affairs of the Association. The tasks of the Treasurer are:
1. Managing the finances of the Association in accordance with Title 10;
2. Keeping track of the overall expenditures of each Committee;
3. Maintaining close contact with the Treasurer of each Committee;
4. Having contact with third parties that provide services and goods for the Association (in cooperation with the Secretary);
5. Attending meetings of the Social Board and the Academic Board when financial matters are discussed;
6. Maintaining a long and short-term financial vision;
7. Ensuring that all UCMSA Committees are adequately financed;
8. Presenting the budget at General Assemblies;
9. Writing the semesterly financial report for auditing by the Independent Body and presentation to the GA;
10. Ensuring complete insight into and constant transparency of all relevant financial documents for the members of the Independent Body
Be our Executive Board Secretary
The Secretary is responsible for assisting the President in the smooth functioning of the MoU. The tasks of the Secretary are:
1. Taking and archiving minutes of every Board meeting and GA;
2. Managing internal communication within the MoU;
3. Managing the administration and archive system of the Association;
4. Handling all outgoing and incoming correspondence and being the first point of contact for the Board;
5. Scheduling Board meetings, and handling Board room duties, logistics and supplies;
6. Ensuring that all officers of the Board are registered at the Kamer van Koophandel;
7. Maintaining the social media presence of the Board.
Contact Patsy Fetzer for questions or send an email to